The following information will let you know about all of the ways in which we collect and use your data whilst you are using this website. We take your privacy, and the protection of your personal data, very seriously.
The personal data we collect from you includes:
- If you choose to subscribe to our mailing list, we will collect your name and email address, as well as your subscription preferences. In addition, if you are subscribed to our mailing list, we will also collect information on how you've interacted with our emails, for example whether you've opened them and which links you have clicked on.
- Any feedback or information you send via the PONToon website, including your email address, if you contact us via any feedback forms on our site or respond to any surveys we post.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, and information regarding which web browser you have used.
We use Google Analytics software to collect information about how you use our website. We do this solely to make improvements to our site and ensure that it meets the needs of our visitors. Google Analytics stores information about:
- The pages you visit on our website
- How long you spend on each of our web pages
- How you got to the site
- What you click on while you're visiting the site
Our Google analytics software does not store any of your person information (name, address, etc) so we cannot identify you by this information.
What we do with your data
The data we collect is used for the purposes of improving the way our website works and to provide a better service to our visitors.
We will not:
- Sell or rent your data to third parties
- Share your data with third parties for their own marketing purposes
We will share your data if we are required to do so by law – for example, by court order, or to prevent fraud or other crime.
How long we keep your data
We will only hold on to your data for as long as:
- It is needed for the purposes set out in this document
- The law requires us to
This usually means we will hold your data for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 7 years.
Links to other websites
If you have any questions or concerns relating to this document, don't hesitate to contact the pontoon team via pontoon.port.ac.uk